The Outreach and Technical Assistance Network is funded to provide technical assistance, electronic communication and access to information for adult education providers in California. We invite you to explore our Web site and its many resources.
Although OTAN does not require membership access all our resources, you are encouraged to create a free account. This allows us to better support our members and also allows members to collaborate with one another. The information we collect is solely for the use of OTAN and the California Department of Education. We will not give or sell your information to third-party vendors.
Your contact information may be used by OTAN in the following ways:
OTAN Registration Form
- Your name and address are only used to send you our newsletter containing the latest information in adult education. If you do not want to receive the newsletter, just call, fax or email us to advise us and we will remove you from our list.
- Your email address and preference list may be used to send you an email message whenever we post new information on the Web site that is in an area of interest that you have indicated. If you would rather not receive any emails you can go into your profile and check the box that says "Please do not send me email."
Bear in mind that the more we know about you, the better we can serve you. Under no conditions do we ever give away or sell our member list. This information is strictly for the use of OTAN and/or our members.
OTAN also maintains a Member Directory, which is available only to other OTAN members for the purpose of networking. If you prefer, you can choose not to share your information with other members by indicating your preference on the registration form or in the "Edit your Profile" section of the Website. There are four options available:
- Yes, please include all my contact information (this will allow maximum networking possibilities as other educators can see which areas you are interested in)
- Include only my name, address, and phone (this allows some networking as there is some contact information available)
- Just my name and email address (this choice allows minimum contact information if others already know who you are or what your interests are)
- No, do not publish my information (this provides maximum security, but no networking possibilities; your name will not appear in the Member Directory)
Sharing of the Information this Site Gathers/Tracks
The information that you submit on the registration form is never shared with any third parties. It is only available to other OTAN members for networking purposes and to OTAN Staff for the purpose of notifying you about adult education events and information that could be of interest to you.
When you place an order online, your personal information and credit card information are encrypted using SSL encryption technology before it is sent over the Internet. This makes it virtually impossible for your information to be stolen or intercepted while being transferred through the Internet. When we receive your order, it is kept encrypted until we are ready to process it.
If at any time after registering, you change your mind about sharing your information with other OTAN Members, you may edit your profile to either increase or decrease your networking possibilities in the Membership section.