Kahoot!: Introduction to Probability
Example Web Site and/or Technical Equipment Required
Website Example: https://getkahoot.com/
Tech Product Equipment
Computer(s) or mobile devices, Internet access, projector
Kahoot is a game-based student response system. You can create and play quizzes, or initiate discussions and surveys. They can be accessed by the students using any device with a Web browser including a laptop, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Android, Chromebook, or desktop computer. The app is NOT necessary to participate in a Kahoot! activity.
- Sign up for a free account. Watch the intro video.
- You can prepare your own Kahoot quiz, discussion, or survey questions. To test it for yourself to see how it all works, you might want to play their intro quiz .
- You can also try one of the Public Kahoots by selecting Public Kahoots at the top of the page once you have logged in. They can be searched by title, subject, or username, and filtered by audience or type of Kahoot. The link to Example Web site (above) will take you to a public Kahoot on Fractions, Decimals & Percents.
- In the event that not everyone has a mobile device, decide how you want to handle that situation (pairs or groups) or provide devices from a school source.
- Once you have created or selected a public Kahoot, select the purple Play button.
- Choose any game settings or advanced options and select the Launch button to display the Kahoot game-pin on the screen at the front of the room.
- Students join the game by typing in Kahoot.it in their Web browser. If they are using their own Android device, you may have them download the app (totally optional).
- Students enter the pin number displayed on the screen.
- Students enter their nicknames.
- They use their device to answer each question that is displayed on the classroom screen.
- You, as the teacher, can download the results of the quiz.
- For printed instructions, download the Example Document (above) titled How to Play Kahoot.
- You can find more information including alternative ways to use Kahoot!, videos and tutorials at the Kahoot blog site .
- You can also download and print the Getting Started with Kahoot! (pdf) user guide.
Fractions, Decimals & Percents is a public Kahoot.
Select subjects and subcategories