MathBits: MathCaching and Algebra Antics
Example Web Site and/or Technical Equipment Required
Website Example: https://www.mathbits.com/
Tech Product Equipment
Computer(s), Internet access, optional projector (for class presentation)
The first activity is called MathCaching. Students must solve algebra problems in order to complete the URL and move on to the next problem. There are ten questions and students receive a certificate if they can answer all 10 questions correctly.
The second activity, called Algebra Antics, can be used in the classroom as a "Jeopardy" style game for Algebra review; a class activity where students, working alone or in groups, must show how to get the correct answer; a modified Bingo; or as an independent review. There are two different games. The first one covers Algebra Antics, Solving Equations, Graphing, Statistics, and Functions. The second game covers Exponents, Quadratic Equations, Inequalities, Systems, and Other Stuff. Both games are geared to Algebra 1 students.
There are many math activities covering Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Trigonometry, Calculus and Differential Equations; however, some require a paid subscription. Look for free activities that are listed as open.
- Make sure that the site is not blocked at your school
- Review the different games, MathCaching and Algebra Antics and then determine the one you want to use in you classroom
- Preview the site and see how the interactive activity works.
- Download and print the worksheets if needed.
- Algebra Antics has several suggestions on how to use the activity in your classroom. Scroll down the Algebra Antics page for instructions.
- MathCaching also has directions for use in the classroom. Scroll down the MathCaching page for instructions.
Use the Algebra PowerPoint Interactive Activity or the Geometry PowerPoint Interactive Activity for a class game or for individual play. You will need to keep track manually of which questions on the Jeopardy game board have been asked and answered.
Check out the MathBits Notebook Online Study Guide
Select subjects and subcategories
- Consumer Math
- Integrated Math
- Math Electives