Ozline: Thesis Builder
Example Web Site and/or Technical Equipment Required
Website Example: http://www.ozline.com/electraguide/thesis.php
Tech Product Equipment
Computer(s), Internet access, projector
Activity DescriptionThis activity will help high school level students: find a topic, create a thesis, and generate an outline. They will use an online thesis builder tool to accomplish this task.
- Make sure that the site is not blocked at your school.
- Play with the input boxes in order to learn how your words will form the thesis.
- Learn the rules about not adding a period at the end of the sentence or using capital letters in the beginning.
The steps may be adapted for a computer lab or a one computer/projector classroom.
- Demonstrate how to build a thesis by showing the question boxes to students.
- Let the students help you fill up the answers by asking them what to write.
- Explain that they should not put a period at the end of the answer or a capital letter in the beginning.
- Select Build a Thesis to see the first paragraph completed.
- Make changes if necessary.
- Select Make an Online Outline to start the second and third paragraph.
- After completing one set of steps with the students, let them create their own thesis and outline (if you have a computer lab).
- If you teach in a computer/projector classroom, print the box questions (select Print Screen in order to print your screen) and let the students write their answers. Then choose a few students to input their answers in your computer.
- Project the result to students.
- Check Topic-O-Rama for different topics or to create your own idea.
- Check Causinator for Cause & Effect and Predictive
Select subjects and subcategories
English Language Arts
- English 1-4