May 2019 Teachers' Digest
OTAN YouTube Channel - OTAN Serves Adult Education
Did you know that OTAN has a YouTube channel? Please consider subscribing to our YouTube channel – OTAN Serves Adult Education – to stay connected to the latest OTAN videos and developments: https://www.youtube.com/otanservesadulteducation
You can also connect to our channel (and all our social media sites) from the OTAN website: https://www.otan.us/ Look for the social media icons in the upper right-hand corner of the homepage.
Subscribe to our social media sites to stay connected:
Twitter - https://twitter.com/otan or @OTAN
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/otan_2
OTAN has long utilized video to provide information and highlight important events in adult education. Moving forward, we hope to provide even more timely information for the field through video posted on our channel. Current highlights on our YouTube channel include:
- Recordings of our monthly OTAN Tech Talks
- Presentations from our annual Technology and Distance Learning Symposium
- Spotlight on our Teaching with Technology tool and other tech integration topics (e.g., using ePortfolios)
- Webinar presentations on special tech tools and topics (e.g., Putting English to Work Moodle courses, digital safety)
- Final reports by each of the eight teams who participated in the first cohort of our Digital Leadership Academy, with year-one presentations by second cohort team on the way!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel and stay connected to OTAN! We will also let you know about new content on our channel via Twitter and Facebook. We look forward to providing you exciting ed tech content throughout the school year!
Please contact OTAN if you have any questions about staying connected with OTAN at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 916-228-2580. We look forward to hearing from you!
Online Workshops & Webinars
OTAN offers short, online workshops to meet the demands of busy adult educators as well as longer hands-on workshops where an OTAN trainer is at your site to conduct the workshop. Check the California Adult Education Professional Development Calendar and search for workshops sponsored by OTAN. Don't miss any!
OTAN's Face-to-Face Workshops
Having problems or just don't know where to start using technology in your classroom or adult education program? Use OTAN as a professional development provider! OTAN offers no-cost, three-hour, hands-on workshops to all WIOA-funded adult education programs. With a wide-variety of technology topics in their arsenal, OTAN training staff will go to any WIOA-funded site with a computer lab to facilitate a hands-on workshop for adult education staff. The list of topics changes as technology changes so you are never getting out-dated information. If there is a technology topic not listed that your staff needs assistance with, contact OTAN to discuss creating a new workshop to meet that need. Check out some of the most requested workshops below and then look at the list of over 25 workshops that OTAN currently offers:
- Moodle: Create a Course Website
- Chromebooks for Adult Education
- Google Classoorm in Adult Education
- Mobile Devices in Adult Education
- OER's: Open Educational Resources
- Social Media for Adult Education
And remember - all OTAN workshops are free! Read more about OTAN Training and select Face-to-Face or Online workshop options to view complete workshop lists including descriptions and prerequisites.