September 2018 Teachers' Digest
Online Workshops and Webinars are offered by OTAN to meet the demands of busy adult educators. We are currently working on our line up for this year, so stay tuned and check the California Adult Education Professional Development calendar so you won't miss any!
Contact us at 916-228-2580 or e-mail email@example.com to schedule one of our workshops at your school this year! We will do most of the work for you. We just need your available computer lab.
OTAN offers a wide variety of no-cost, hands-on, three-hour workshops. We will come to your school if you have at least 10 interested participants and an approved lab. If you have a smaller school and need more participants, consider coordinating with other small schools in your area to fill your workshop. If there is a technology topic not listed that your staff needs assistance with, let us know and we will discuss creating a new workshop to meet that need. Here are some of our workshop titles:
- Moodle: Create a Course Web Site
- Beginning PowerPoint 2010 for Adult Education
- Advanced PowerPoint 2010 for Adult Education
- Chromebooks for Adult Education
- Creating Web Pages with Weebly
- Digital Badges in Adult Education (New!)
- EL Civics: Digital Literacy & Internet Safety (New!)
- Google Tools and Drive
- Interactive Whiteboards - Creating Student Activities (Promethean or SmartBoard)
- iPads in Adult Education
- Mobile Devices in Adult Education
- Office 365 for Adult Education (New!)
- Open Education Resources for Adult Educators
- Privacy, Practice, Presence, and You
- Social Media for Adult Education
Visit our Web site to see the complete list including descriptions and prerequisites for each.
Web Sitings September 2018 :
OTAN Tech Talks are here! OTAN Tech Talks are designed to assist participants with tips on an ed tech tool, strategy, resource, and more. Our next presentation is scheduled for Friday, September 15, where Sachiko Oates from Santa Barbara City College will be discussing how educators can teach students the skills needed to evaluate web sites and information found online. To register, click here. These webinars are recorded and later uploaded to OTAN's YouTube channel . Just look for the playlist called "OTAN Tech Talks". If you'd like to present at a future Tech Talk, sign up here !
Rewordify.com can be used to make text or a web page easier to understand. You can copy and paste text or a website URL, and the text is simplified to to a lower reading level. It is a great tool for ESL students or anyone that would like to improve their reading skill.
Do you use a website, tool, or other resource that others might benefit from? If so, fill out this form, and your suggestion may be used in a future Web Siting!